On the 7 train heading to the garden. I had more people talk to me on the train than I did at the garden!
Gathering materials from the compost pile.
Hauling branches from the wedding garden. I figured I might as well try and turn the destruction into something positive by using the debris for the project.
Stripping the leaves off the branches. The leaves get too brittle once they are dry to use for the sculpture.
The gathered materials.
Amaranth, prepped and ready to be added.
Attaching prairie grass to the sleeves. The bulk of the garment will be made from grass and willow branches. The amaranth will be added on the borders.
You can see the wedding going on behind me.
A good start.